The first themed GNOSIS workshop will take place on the 12th of December at Leicester Innovation Hub, University of Leicester. The workshop will explore research opportunities primarily focusing on space weather and the effect it has on satellite operations.
Additionally the workshop is aimed at developing a focus for scoping and/or proof of concept studies that can be funded through the programme.
Participation in the inaugural GNOSIS themed workshop will enable the participant to scope potential research collaborations, present current and proposed research, competing for funding, participate in the future growth of GNOSIS and to broaden their network.
The inaugural GNOSIS themed workshop hosted at the Leicester Innovation Hub has a number of goals including:
- Introducing the aims and aspirations of GNOSIS to a broader community
- Discussing potential research projects relating to the effects of space weather on satellite operations
- Inviting the first tranche of proposals to be reviewed/selected for GNOSIS funding
- Discussing future sandpit discussion and workshop themes
- Academic/industry networking
The expectation is that we will conclude the day with a number of proposals to be reviewed for funding, an initial list of potential future themes for workshops/sandpit discussions and a wider understanding of the way forward for GNOSIS.
Leicester Innovation Hub,
University of Leicester,
128 Regent Road,
Leicester LE1 7PA.